
AFTER waking up at 4am (which is enough for me in one day) and RUNNING 13.1 miles, YES TOTAL HOT BABES...
My friend Shellee on the end and I ran our fastest time of 2hrs and 8 minutes. Shellee is deaf and can't listen to an ipod like the rest of us and I always tell her that she is sooo mentally tough to be able to run that far without tunes. Can you even imagine running 1 mile without music?? i can't. Some people are awesome.I start to cry if my ipod isn't charged up when I need to run. Shea in the middle just turned 40 and kicked our butts!!! I keep telling her " the older you get, the faster you get." She ran it well under 2 hours. I will do this again next year I hope, the down hill was hard on the quads, and I couldn't walk for two days. Next year I will do more down hill training. Running down a canyon is definitely the way to go, it was beautiful and fall like that morning. ( sorry I didn't get a pic w you Tara:( my other running buddy).
This is something I swore I would never do, and now, done. My newest never ever ever do is a full marathon. I am sticking to it!!( Shellee, don't even think about trying to get me to do one!!!) I have to say I'm glad I made myself do this, a lot of training with friends made it pretty fun.




4 comments:
That 's great!!! I'm going to do that this year of my life.
You inspire me Lesa.
Way to go, Lesa! That is a great accomplishment!
YOur soo funny!! Hey, I will never think of doing full marathon! No way!! Not for me without listening to music! YOu did a good job! It was sooo FUN training and running this race with you! Lets do it again next year!
Post a Comment