Sunday, July 18, 2010

Try not to bawl your brains out...



Our first kitty "Molly Meow Meow Thompson" has passed on to kitty heaven. After crying for a few days and lots of mini counseling session with all my children, 3 or 4 times a day, we are ready to move FORWARD. We had Molly for almost a month and she was our very first pet. Everyone loved her and Sam stayed up later than all the others and got a lot of alone time with her and they really bonded. Plus he actually cleaned her litter box so they were really tight. Britton could always count on Molly to understand him and be on his side whenever he was in trouble for not eating his dinner or refusing to do chores, he LOVED her. Elliette was in heaven. She was so proud and told everyone in the grocery store, restaurant, or wherever we were that we got a kitty and her name was Molly Meow Meow and that she was sooo cute and....( at this point people could tell she was going to go on and on so they would start to walk off smiling while nodding their head up and down saying uh huh?)Avery... loved this kitty, maybe a little too much. She called her meow meow, and that's how she got her middle name. Molly got a lot of Squeezes and kisses and she was soo patient with the little girls.
As for me, I was surprised how much I loved having a pet, and a cat specifically. She was sooo easy. Its all about the poop for me. That has been my hang up. Changing diapers is enough for anyone right? I DON'T want to deal with more poop, and guess what? All pets poop. After putting them off for years and after a lot of constant begging we finally decided to do it and got Molly. She was soo easy. Pooped in a box and the kids fed her and she would just play around the house and cuddle on your lap and she chased my mop and broom and freaked out at the vacuum. I loved how much she entertained the kids. They would all go out together and lay on a blanket under the trees in the back and giggle and play with her while I could watch them out the window while doing dishes or something, and it was so fun. It was PERFECT!!!!

I took these pictures the night before she died. She was run over and died instantly, thank goodness she didn't suffer. I really didn't think I would be affected the way I was, but I was soooo sad for the whole day and really thought a lot about life and death. How precious life is and how quickly it can be over. We miss our kitty but loved our short experience we had with her, Rest in peace our sweet little Molly.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Hillarie said...

No!!!! I cant believe this! Awful and I dont think I even like cats! Your poor kids! Sorry Les... thats horrible!!!

Carrick family said...

I am so sorry about Molly. We all loved her and had so much fun with her while we took care of her. She was the sweetest kitten!! I love these pictures of Avery and Molly. Very cute

Suzy said...

That is SO sad! I'm sorry! Those are the cutest pictures though. Glad you got some good pictures of the kids with their first kitty!