Thursday, February 4, 2010

Sugar Rehab...

After the holidays and all of the delicious nonsense I decided I needed to detox or something, anything to stop eating and gorging. I decided to put myself in sugar rehab. Replacing all of the cookie and candy snacks during the day with only healthy, organic, snacks. Eating clean is what it is called. The closer your food item is to its natural source the better.( like a chicken breast vs. chicken nuggets duh? Or cucumbers vs. pickles. Well, I had been off Sugar for more than 2 weeks when I "had to have" something. These Organic, sugar free, low calorie oatmeal cookies hit the spot. I did throw in 1/2 cup choco chips just to make them a little real but thank goodness or they may have doubled for cardboard. Wish me luck still doing it, and its been 3 weeks now. It is fun learning about how to eat healthier. My favorite tip that I have learned so far is to use plain yogurt (not vanilla) PLAIN Yogurt for mayo on your sandwiches or in your albacore, or in place of sour cream. Its so delicious and so much healthier and lower calories. Enjoy!!!!!!!!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Teri said...

I'm so proud of you! Your stronger then I would be. I use plain yogart too. Have you tried Maryam's recipe for orange yogurt?? It's soo good!! I'll email it to you. You strain all the liquid out of the yogart and add fresh oj, vanilla, orange zest, and honey. Then you top it with granola. YUM!

Carrick family said...

You amazed me!!!! You are a strong woman I know!!! GOod job girl!! You are a good example to me now and I m trying to eat better because of you! :)